Aloo Fry

These days,I get a surprise every morning when I open my mailbox.Yes,Awards!!!When this happens,it cheers me up and the whole days seems to brighten.Today Amritha of AK's Vegetarian Recipe World has passed on 'One Lovely Blog' award.Thanks a bunch Amritha.You made my day.I have posted it here.DO check out Amritha blog where she has some wonderful yet simple home cooked food.She also has some tips on hair and skin care!

Now for today's post...I was browsing Meena’s Hooked on heat and saw this post that made me drool.I just made a few minor changes and it was a perfect pair with rice and sambar.



I used:

Potatoes –3,boiled and cubed
Onion-1,chopped
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds-1 teaspoon
Kasuri Methi[Dried fenugreek leaves]-1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a large pinch
Salt to taste
Oil-3 teaspoons

  1. Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard,cumin,lightly crushed coriander seeds.
  2. When mustard splutters,put in onion and sauté till brown.
  3. Add the turmeric powder,chilli powder,salt and the potato cubes.
  4. Mix well to coat the spices.
  5. Cook for 5 minutes stirring gently once in a while.
  6. Sprinkle the kasuri methi and remove from flame.




This day that year...

One day I suddenly realised that I had not blogged about the famous Tomato rice!And it came up immediately......

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , ,